Common Life Changes

Boy with fire fighter

Add my new spouse or child to my benefits plan

If you have recently changed your marital status, or adopted or given birth to a child, you should complete a new enrollment form listing all your current dependents. Complete and submit the new enrollment form within 30 days of the marriage license or birth certificate being issued. After 30 days, new dependents can only be added during open enrollment. Find the enrollment forms below.

Add a beneficiary to my VEBA

A VEBA account does not have beneficiary assignments. However, if you have a spouse or eligible dependent (age 26 and under), you can add them to your reimbursement account.

  1. Log in to your account online.
  2. Once logged in, select “BPAS Claims Portal”.
  3. Navigate to your “PROFILE” and then access your dependent(s).
  4. Click on the “Add Dependent” link.
  5. The dependent’s name, SSN, date of birth and relationship information are all required.

If you need additional assistance, please contact BPAS customer service at:

(855) 404-8322 (VEBA)

from 8am to 8pm ET.

This is what you will need to make changes
For yourself: Completed enrollment form
For your family: Completed enrollment form
Spouse/domestic partner: Copy of marriage certificate or domestic partnership declaration
Children: Copy of birth certificate for your or your spouse’s natural children, or adoption papers for adopted children.
Divorce: Divorce certificate
Death: Death Certificate

Helpful Resources

Teledoc Virtual Care

Get convenient access to care whenever and wherever you need it via a phone call, online video, or other online media.

Prescription Drug Plan

You can reach Sav-Rx 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 228-3108.

Know the lingo

We've created a glossary of terms to help you navigate the world of unruly acronyms.